We know you're curious
The museum grows and thrives on it's volunteers. For more information about volunteering please see our volunteer information page.
The museum encourages you to record your memories of your visit with photography and video. There is no additional charge for personal use photography.
All professional photography must be arranged before visiting the museum. Location shoots must be scheduled at least three weeks in advance. For fee and booking information, call (770) 476-2013 or send an e-mail to the .
Museum offers a unique setting for business or social events. Indoor and outdoor sites as well as selected rail cars are available. For more information, see the party page.
At the present time (late 2013) we're in the process of raising funds for restoring Georgia Power #97, the museum's 0-6-0 tank engine.
In order to focus resources, and being aware of operational needs, the current plans are to do cosmetic restorations on other steam engines. This includes A& WP 290, NCR Dayton and Southern 1509 Maud
There are significant areas and exhibits at the museum that are wheel chair accessible. Restrooms, gift shop, the exhibit hall, the 1871 depot and building 2 are accessible. The interior of passenger cars, cabooses and locomotive cabs are not wheel chair accessible.
At the present time, we're not accepting new applicants into our community service program for court ordered and/or pretrial diversion community service.
For questions about community service project as part of a school or community club or group, please contact our volunteer coordinator via .
Following are sites we have chosen which are related by various means to the museum and may be of interest in your Internet travels. Thank you again for visiting and come back soon.
- Roundhouse Railroad Museum - Savannah, GA.
- Thronateeska Heritage Center- Albany,GA.
- Kennesaw Civil War Museum, Kennesaw, GA
- South Carolina Railroad Museum, Winnsboro, SC
- The North Carolina Transportation Museum at the historic Spencer Shops, Spencer, NC
- North Carolina Railroad Museum & New Hope Valley Railway, New Hill, NC
- Wilmington Railroad Museum, Wilmington, NC
- Tennessee Central Railway Museum, Nashville, TN
- Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum, Birmingham, AL
- North Alabama Railroad Museum, Huntsville, AL
- Roosevelt Railroad Museum, Griffin, GA
These links all open in new windows for your convenience
- Atlantic Coast Line and Seaboard Airline Railroads Historical Society
- Central of Georgia Historical Society
- Southern Railway Historical Association
- L&N Railroad Historical Society
- Kansas City Southern Historical Society
- Illinois Central Historical Society
- Ontario & Western Railway Historical Society
- Atlanta History Center (Atlanta Historical Society)
- Old Dominion Chapter, NRHS
- Gwinnett Historical Society
- Friends of the Belt Line
- Georgia Society of Ferroequienologist
Southeastern Regional Railroads
- Amtrak Home Page
- CSX Corporation Home Page
- Norfolk Southern Corporation Home Page
- Blue Ridge Scenic Railroad, Blue Ridge, GA
- The Great Smoky Mountain Railway, Bryson City, NC
- Tennessee Valley Railroad, Chattanooga, TN
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA)
- Cobb Community Transit (CCT)
- Gwinnett County Transit
- Clayton County (C-Tran)
- Citizens for Progressive Transit
- Georgia Transit Association
- Georgia Rail Passenger Program
- Georgia Regional Transportation Authority (GRTA)
- Georgia Railroad Maps
- Georgia Department of Transportation ( GDOT) Office of Intermodal Programs
- Georgia Association of Railroad Passengers
Model RailroadingThese links all open in new windows for your convenience
- Piedmont Division chapter National Model Railroad Association
- Dixie Division Train Collectors Association
- North Atlanta O-Gauge Railroad Club
- Southeastern Region of the National Model Railroad Association
- Vines Garden Railroad